Keep Your Head Up

Mint tones

Exploring Polyvore while waiting for iftar made me realize I'm into cropped tops and pleated skirts this summer. I wanted to buy flip flops but surprisingly I found out I already have a dozen pairs locked up in my closet, all new and never worn (my mom buys them for me because she hates seeing me wear heels). One thing I know about dressing in summer is that you need to dress extra comfy and ready to sweat out in the sun but still look classy. I suggest wearing soft fabrics and tees. I have this thing where I can only wear clothes if the fabric is soft and not too harsh on my skin. Especially when it's hot and sunny. It doesn't help that I live in a place directly located on the equator. Then again, I'm from a place directly located on the equator so I got no where to run. Summer all year round, unless I travel.

Mulberry Spring/ Summer 2012 
Pet Sounds have been very helpful since the holidays started. I've been listening to Jack Johnson too, sort of a summer tradition since my internship at Bandos. I miss Maldives and going to Raalhugandu mid-day every weekend to watch the surfers do their little tricks and turns and sexy hair flips (most Maldivian male surfers have long hair). I miss those sudden mighty waves that crash on the sea wall,  the oh-so soothing smell of salt water and enticing breezes while I impatiently wait for my friends to join me stalk the hot beach bods. Good lord, take me there before I write a novel.  Anyway, it's the holidays so everything's cool. I can stay up late without having to wake up early for class. There's no better feeling than going to bed late without worrying about setting the damn alarm.

17 comments:

Wiida Ribbon said...

Love the mint color shirt and clutch. hurghhhh!! together with the Chanel lipstick. lalala. babe, lets do that hair style. :)

Rifga™ said...

@wiida: yesss! let's do that hairstyle one day! :D

Carla Florendo said...

these photos are so inspiring! makes me want summer to come back! sadly, its almost over for me... love this post!

xo, Carla
misscarlaviolet.blogspot.com

Kasandra Nichole said...

Love Your Blog!!

Following you ! Follow me back <3

http://kasandranichole.blogspot.com/

Aida said...

Hi,
I found your blog by chance, while peeking others and I decided to check it out! I’m glad I did it, because I like it so much and it totally got my attention!! I’m your new follower and I’d be very pleased if you like my blog enough to follow it as well!
I wish you lots of success
kisses
http://cottoncandy-peaches@blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Love that first combo with the mint top probably because I am obsessed with the colour mint! Come by and check out my blog if you like it I would love it if you followed me.

xo Andrea
http://uskar-vor-inspire.blogspot.ca

Rifga™ said...

thank you girls. following you back now :)

Sooji said...

I'm so in love with the mint tones, too! The mint colors really remind me of the beautiful Maldives Islands! I wish I was there right now!! :D

Rifga™ said...

@Sooji: Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm from Maldives and yes I wish I was there too right now :) I think that's exactly why I was so attracted to those tones.

Mustika Hayati said...

i like your blog dear, maybe we can follow each other if you want? :)

http://choccopost.blogspot.com/

Shinly Fransisca said...

yeay, mint color. i do love it lately <3

http://degeekyshinly.blogspot.com/

nourash! said...

wohooo love your style girl.salam bloger

Milk said...

wow nice photo!:)

Giancarlo said...

felice serata a te...ciao

Levande said...

Niceee <33
I follow you, follow you back?
Xoxo

Mia Alex said...

you have an awesome blog right here! hope you can visit and follow my blog too :)


http://mypastellife.blogspot.com/

Thi Lan said...

nice outfits *_* your blog is very good and interesting. maybe follow? im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

xx
beauthi.blogspot.com